Sunday, December 5, 2010

Amai Kuda's "All My Fine Shoes" & More

I have been quite fortunate that my last two months have been riddled with projects and jobs.  Besides editing the documentary "Product of the Philippines," I have had a chance to shoot a couple of music videos for two VERY talented artists.


The one I present here is by Amai Kuda called "All My Fine Shoes." It's a very catchy song with significant undertones.  One thing I realized about the artists I have been working with is that I find their music quite unique and artistic.  I have been fortunate to attract that kind of talent and I hope to continue in that path.  


The reason I say this is that they are very open to collaborating on a creative idea that does not necessarily fit the usual mold of what a music video (these days) is supposed to look like.  


Limited by budget and time, it forced us to think about what we could do creatively to come up with a visually stimulating music video.


This music video was really fun to make and when you see it, I'm sure you'll know why. We tried to create some theatrics despite our budget give the audience something a little different.





Here is the other music video by Kwesi Immanuel. This one had absolutely no budget and was a real challenge to time and cut together but a great experiment!



Kwesi Immanuel "Battles Won" Music Video from Jullian Ablaza on Vimeo.


Lastly... My first music video with the Subnodes which was shot in Fall 2009.



Ko Ping Music Video from Jullian Ablaza on Vimeo.


I hope you are all enjoying some of the stuff I have been working on as I enjoy sharing them with you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julian: I love the video and theis second edit really ads to it, though I do have to say I loved having the formal period photo as the launch picture on your website. Any chance of getting that back up?
    Paul

    ReplyDelete